Architect: Warren H. Williams, Justus Krumbein, 1885
The way this structure was built is a good
education on cast-iron construction. A local iron foundry cast the arches for this narrow building in a single piece. The arches were bolted onto the columns, and the windows for the next floor are centered above the arches so that the upper walls are centered above the load-bearing columns.
This building has been restored nicely, allowing the observer to notice the interplay between the lower floor's iron and the plastered brick of the upper floor. The finials on each top corner once served as chimneys.